Information about psychosis
How do I deal with the diagnosis?
I you have just been diagnosed with a psychosis and accordingly a disorder from the group of schizophrenic disorders, it is understandable that you have a critical attitude to this diagnosis. Especially in this situation it is important to plan how you can deal with the situation. A few things can be helpful in this regard:
- Look for professional helpers who you can trust.
- Accept the care and support offered by relatives or another closely associated person; this person can then support you and also find out at the same time.
- Make arrangements for yourself and your relatives to find out about all important key points. Don’t be afraid to ask if you don’t understand anything.
- Schreiben Sie alle Ihre Fragen auf, damit Sie nichts Wichtiges vergessen.
- Write down all of your questions so that you don’t forget anything important.
Ask for good information brochures and good internet addresses so that you and your family can find out about everything in peace. Just ask if you don't understand anything.
- Just ask whether there are any self-help groups which can support you.
- Take time to adapt yourself to the new situation.